Sand filter, salt system, solar heat, new pool, and I may be over my head. Help

Apr 5, 2014
Washington
I want to connect the sand and salt to run at night using the in-wall skimmer. I want to have the solar run during the day using the pump and filter that comes with the 15'x48" Intex metal frame pool connected to unused intake replaced by the wall skimmer. How do I get the heated water back to the pool bypassing the sand and salt? Do I need to install another in-wall fitting, or maybe over the wall through a fountain set up?? Please help me with ideas, diagrams, any information.... One more question, will the solar filter and pump (in box filter set) be able to run water 25'??

You would probably be better off running everything on a single loop. That is much simpler to setup and has no real disadvantages.

The simplest way to return water to the pool is to simply run a hose over the wall and mount the end of the hose so it is held above the water line. You can install a return fitting in the pool wall, but that is significantly more work.

Running water 25' horizontally is easy, and just about any pump should be fine for that, unless there is also a significant vertical change. To raise water up more than a foot or two you will probably need a larger pump.

The reason for the separate systems is swimmers. I was told it is not good to run the salt when the pool is occupied. And, I was told not to leave the solar heaters set in the sun without water circulation. i though the best solution was separate systems... thoughts. The water will run level.

It is fine to have the Intex salt system installed in the plumbing, it just shouldn't be powered on when people are in the pool.

It is alright to have the solar panels in the sun even when the pump is not running as long as they are well supported, i.e. directly on the ground or supported across their entire area by something underneath (like a piece of plywood).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.