Inground vinyl- winter closing with mesh safety cover

Jjpool

Jan 27, 2014
Texas
I know we are looking at summertime....but I have some general questions about closing this fall. Our builder said we should balance our chemicals, put the mesh cover on and run the pump and polaris 280 cleaner a few hours per day.

Questions:

1) mesh cover allows for rainwater to mix with balanced water- which could drop the ph. So removing cover and testing/rebalancing may be needed with rain?

2) if water is continuously added from rain, how do I know if water level is too high without removing cover? We have torrential downpours here and have had to pump to waste 3 times in last month to reduce water level.

3) any recommendations as far as keeping leaves from sneaking under mesh cover and into pool? We have oaks around pool with heavy leaf drop

Again, this is an inground vinyl liner pool! Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!!

Is it safe to assume that your location doesn't get many freezing nights?

1) mesh cover allows for rainwater to mix with balanced water- which could drop the ph. So removing cover and testing/rebalancing may be needed with rain?

I don't know how your cover attaches to your deck/pool. Is there access to one of your skimmers? You should be able to grab a sample from there with your pump running.

2) if water is continuously added from rain, how do I know if water level is too high without removing cover? We have torrential downpours here and have had to pump to waste 3 times in last month to reduce water level.

Again, watching the level in a skimmer can tell you when you need to pump to waste.

3) any recommendations as far as keeping leaves from sneaking under mesh cover and into pool? We have oaks around pool with heavy leaf drop

Other than sandbags around the pool cover, I have no idea. That was a problem for me too, this winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.