Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy 12% liquid chlorine in shreveport, la or Marshall, texas??

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy 12% liquid chlorine in shreveport, la or Marshall, texas??

I can't seem to find anyone who carries the higher percentage liquid chlorine...... Any one out there who lives near shreveport, louisiana or Marshall, texas with a location that sells it?
    Jane in Northeast Texas

18 x 36 Inground Vinyl Liner, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Pro Series 24" 300 lb top mount Sand Filter, Hayward Super II 1 hp pump, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 2 Deck Jets, Vinyl Covered Stairs, Polaris 280 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to buy 12% liquid chlorine in shreveport, la or Marshall, texas??

Wish I knew. That seems to be something that is very difficult to get in Texas. There are a handful of specialty shops here in DFW that specialize in sanitation/janitorial products that supposedly sell the higher concentration. But it's not worth the effort and drive time IMHO, especially since the strength of grocery store bleach was increased to 8.25%. The best I've seen is 10% at Home Depot & Lowes, but be careful...The batch I got was apparently sitting around on the shelf for a long time. As a result, it had degraded in strength which defeats the purpose of buying it.

If you have your heart set on 12%, I would focus your search on the Louisiana side of the border since I'm inclined to believe that some sort of state regulation is in play here, based on my experience. For example, when I visit friends/family in GA and FL, I've seen 10-12% liquid chlorine in pool stores and at BJ's warehouse.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, thanks for the input......everyone I called seemed baffled by the question! Lol. I'll try some more in LA.
    Jane in Northeast Texas

18 x 36 Inground Vinyl Liner, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Pro Series 24" 300 lb top mount Sand Filter, Hayward Super II 1 hp pump, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 2 Deck Jets, Vinyl Covered Stairs, Polaris 280 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Why not just get 8.25% bleach? Easier to find and does the same thing...

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you try a pool store?
    ---
    30,000 gallon vinyl pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Hayward Super Pump
    AO Smith 1 1/2 HP Pump (27GPM)
    Polaris 380 Pool Cleaner

Check out the app I created to control my pool equipment from my smartphone:
    i-created-an-app-to-control-pool-equipment-with-smartphone-t61606-20.html

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, the pool stores ask me why I'd want that....like I'm crazy. When I say I want I stabilized chlorine they say "oh we have tabs with no stabilizer"
    Jane in Northeast Texas

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jjpool View Post
    Yes, the pool stores ask me why I'd want that....like I'm crazy. When I say I want I stabilized chlorine they say "oh we have tabs with no stabilizer"
    I'll bet they do.... They have Cal-hypo in them, so later in the season they can sell you scale-remover, or tell you TDS is too high and you need to drain.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!