Don't buy "Splash-less" Chlorox

Jan 12, 2014
I figured 'Splash-Less' meant an improved bottle, but the bleach is like a syrup, and causes major foaming in the spa. The label otherwise looks just like the other Chloroxs, says "regular" and "concentrated". When I finally looked, the ingredients say Sodium Hypochlorite and Sodium Hydroxide (no %). It's as if they've added glycol to it but the Chlorox company would only tell me it's not intended for spa use. So I'm back to step one, after being in the TFP groove for several months. At least Chlorox is sending me a refund, of sorts.
Lee

Yep, that's what I've been using (8.25%) and it works great. My wife just brought home a gallon jug of plain bleach, a no-name brand, so I'm guessing it's half strength, which is why I went looking for Chlorox, regular, concentrated. Now I'm back to using Dichlor until I get the CYA level up to goal.

I accidently bought and used the GV Splashless once. It caused a fair amount of bubbles in my pool but nothing major went haywire. I knew something was wrong as soon as I saw the bubbles forming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.