My pool had become pretty stagnant, I had some blockage at the impeller and the pooll is full of particles. I decided that i would open up the filter and try to clean some of the sand which i'm pretty sure has never been done before.
I am pretty sure this is the exact model i have
It didn't quite go as i expected:
- I unscrewed the top spinner and heard the pressure rushing out
- i removed the cap and two pieces inside
- what i saw was a drain pipe and water which looked pretty dirty
- so i put the hose in on a low setting and starting running water
- I was unsure about what i should set the filter to. I left it on 'filter'
- it took a really long time for water to come over the top as some was going down the drain
- eventually, i found it more useful to put a couple inches above the drain pipe, stick my hand in and stir up debris then switch the pump to 'drain' and remove the hose. This would cause trash to go down the drain.
- I felt like i got nowhere near having 'clean' water and the sun was going down.
Can someone offer more adivce on how to do this?
i was thinking about putting water in and using my wet vac to suck the water out, the whole draining process takes a long time and just trying to let the trash overflow out of the top was taking even longer.
Does it sound like i have unusually dirty sand?