My First Chemistry Set + Unremovable Stain Update (with pics!)

Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I got in my TF-100 test kit and Speed Stir (man, that thing is nice!) and I wanted to try it out, even though the pool is still covered. :D

Here is what I've got:

FC: 8.5
CC: 0
TA: 70
CH: 425
CYA: 50
PH: 7.4

Thoughts? Other than CH is too high (in-ground concrete/fiberglass) but I still have to fill the pool back up so that should go down. They were not using the BBB method and I have a few buckets of chemicals, I think PH reducer and chlorine tablets.

Stain Update

You may remember from my other thread that I have a light tan/orange stain that won't go away with chlorine or Vitamin C. I looked very closely and am noticing that the stain is only only on the aggregate portion of the cement. I gathered up a few flakes that broke off the steps over the winter and brought them into work to look at under the scope.

dVjeEox.jpg

vkOwKXJ.jpg

You can see that the aggregate is stained but the cement itself is fine... I thought they just used tan colored aggregate but looking at the back side, it's not!

8h8MytJ.jpg

Front vs back sides of the chips. (only about 1mm thick)

EXUL0w7.jpg

What would cause this? Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about it, especially if I can't drain the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.