tiny, tiny bubbles?

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
I know I have a small leak on the pump side of the filter connection. When I say small, I mean a drip every 2 minutes or so. I noticed on my returns I have some very, very small bubbles when the pump is on low, when it is on high the bubbles are gone.

Is this due to the tiny leak or maybe when its on low something else is going on?

A water leak on the pressure side will not allow any air into the system until the pump is off.

If your bubbles appear continuously while the pump is running, you have a suction side leak.

You have a SWG, they produce bubbles. Although usually more visible on high speed.

Check if you still have bubbles when SWG is not generating.

Ok, this makes sense then. My SWCG only runs during low speed, because my pump is cycled to start low and then late in the day it kicks high for an hour, by the time it kicks high the percentage is met and SWCG is done.

Thanks!

That is not how the SWG works. The percent setting is over a shorter period of time like an hour or so. It will turn on and off multiple times through the day.

Yep, agreed, However, it is always off (percentage met) earlier in the day. So it isnt adjusting the percentage over a long all day period, it just seems to get it done.

Well, I would still suggest turning the SWG off and seeing if you are still getting bubbles. And see if you get more bubbles when the pump is on high and the SWG in on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.