Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, it's not a pool yet, but it's a start in Waxahachie

1. Back To Top    #1

Well, it's not a pool yet, but it's a start in Waxahachie

Got woke up from my nap and pool equipment was being delivered. So the official dig starts Thursday
    morning at 7AM. Finally good weather, my work schedule is right and all is well with the universe.
    And just as soon as I have time to figure out how to posts pictures....that will be right also.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Well, it's not a pool yet, but it's a start in Waxahachie

Happy ground-breaking and look forward to the pics.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool equipment delivered
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

4. Back To Top    #4

Starting to look like a pool, yea right!!. We have paint on the ground. Can't wait for water and warm weather

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

hey that's great. Congrats.

Tell me more about this "nap" you speak of.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

6. Back To Top    #6

You know...you lay down in the middle of the day and dream of pool digs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    hey that's great. Congrats.

Tell me more about this "nap" you speak of.
    - - - Updated - - -

Dig has officially started and tree gone

7. Back To Top    #7

Trying pictures again

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we have reached a delay and snag. We have hit white rock. Now waiting on hammer attachment to arrive...and you got guessed it...more money. Yea!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting on hammer

8. Back To Top    #8

130 PM hammer excavator arrives and back it again
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Installers are done for the day. Most of the hole is finished. Tomorrow's plan, finish hole and set pool.

10. Back To Top    #10

Dang... that's a lot of rock!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Yea, they asked me right as the dig started " is there any rock"? I said they better have their big boy pants on.
    7AM this morning back at it. The dig is finished, the base has been laid. Now anxiously awaiting pool delivery at 1 PM. Gonna make lift with crane over the house. That ought to be interesting.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

I hope you get video of that!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    I hope you get video of that!
    For insurance purposes?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

14. Back To Top    #14

I wish I had me a few of those white rocks. I would like to have some sizeable ones in my landscaping. Bit far away for me to come and get it though.

Also, what mecarcrazy says, I wanna see video too! or at least some pics!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

15. Back To Top    #15

Shipping would be crazy too
    Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    I wish I had me a few of those white rocks. I would like to have some sizeable ones in my landscaping. Bit far away for me to come and get it though.

Also, what mecarcrazy says, I wanna see video too! or at least some pics!
    - - - Updated - - -

Here is the finished hole and pool in the ground.
    I do have video of the lft and will post it on you tube with a link later.

16. Back To Top    #16

Cool Re: Well, it's not a pool yet, but it's a start in Waxahachie

Great !!

Can't wait to see the video too
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

17. Back To Top    #17

You tube links to first and second part of lift over house.
    http://youtu.be/02QzZYTmzic
    http://youtu.be/lce4hbTaDzM

18. Back To Top    #18

The pool was within 1/4" level on first attempt.....wow!! The installer has been doing this for 30 years. Nice job so far. It;s all about the prep work.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by rmturner54 View Post
    You tube link to first part of lift over house.
    http://youtu.be/02QzZYTmzic
    that was fun to watch !!

I hope there's a part 2
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

20. Back To Top    #20

go back to that post I added second link
    Quote Originally Posted by cnatra View Post
    that was fun to watch !!

I hope there's a part 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast