1000gph good for solar heater? small pool

I will be attempting to install a homemade solar heating system to my pool this year. trying to extend the season as much as possible. I have already removed large branches to add as much sunlight as possible to the pool area this year but I do not think it will be enough. kinda hard to tell since the trees do not have leaves yet. I have a roof that is very close to the pool area that is to the SE it gets ALOT of sun all morning till 2-3pm.

I would like to utilize my old 1000gph pump to run the solar independently to the pool filter so I can run the solar without the main pool filter. I was thinking of using the existing lower hose drain already installed in the pool to feed the solar from the bottom of the pool. the roof is no more then 8' from the ground. and is very close to the pool. I was thinking of running 1/2" irrigation tubing or should I use larger?

I understand that this is prob not the most efficient setup but if it works it would be really cheap and simple.

also would running the pump filter-less work? or increase flow/lift?

The 637R filter pump will only lift water about 6-7 ft according to my tests. The small loose magnetically coupled impeller has too much "slip" to it.

*slip = too loose in the housing, allowing the fluid pumped to recirculate within the pump body.

The other reason I think it is like this is the "safer to the consumer" magnetic coupling. Too much load on the impeller tends to slow it down. Not good for the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.