Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Releasing Pressure from Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Northeast PA

Releasing Pressure from Filter

Hi I'm posting here instead of the AG category because this applies to all pools. My backwash hose has water coming out slowly when the pump is on filter. I want to remove the multiport valve and check the spider gasket but there is no air release valve anywhere that I can see. How do I remove any built up pressure so I can take the valve off safely?

The filter is a 100lb Hayward Hi Rate Sand Filter with a Vari Flo XL valve. Thank you.
    AG Pool 15 ft. round 4,000 gal. 100LB Hayward Sand Filter
    TF 100 Test Kit

Carpe Diem!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Releasing Pressure from Filter

There shouldn't be any built-up pressure. Inlet and outlet are open to the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Releasing Pressure from Filter

Just turn the pump off and give it a moment to settle down and you should be fine. Since you have an above ground pool you need to remember to block the skimmer and return so water doesn't run down from the pool into the filter while you have it open.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School