Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool - Austin

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool - Austin

We are about a month in and are ready to get the construction phase over with. Love this site, I have learned a ton!

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/cod...show/PoolBuild

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool - Austin

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like a nice pool build you have going there.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Looks great! I had a thought pop into my mind that I'd love to see a sheer descent on the wall hiding the equipment falling down to a small recirculating pool. And why not have it backlit while your at it. Hey, it's not my money! Or you could have them build a little table/wall (see our build for an example - it's on page 5 for good shot) that would come out between the chaise lounges that will sit by the wall. That will give your pool boy a place to set your drinks too! It just looked a little like the wall was standing out more than it should and I was trying to think if there were ways to have it be more connected to the rest of the project. I hope I don't sound negative, I just love to throw out ideas when I think of them. I designed our pool area myself and the comment I get most is that it looks like a resort specifically because of the built-in tables between the chaise lounges.

I love the approach you've taken with the hill and the space you have to work with!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks bmoreswim! And I appreciate your comments and I like the idea of the built in lounge tables, I'll investigate. One of our obstacles is our impervious cover limitations, that is why we have the grass section there behind the pool. Seriously considering artificial turf in that area so I don't have to deal with grass next to the pool. Your pool looks awesome!