Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Heater

We are replacing a AguaCal electric pool heater . Looking at the scroll compression heater by Raypak (Rheem) and want to know a formula for BTU's. I live in SW Florida and find the electric heaters do the job since we don't have access to natural gas. Help...Width 13 LN FT Length 30 LN FT perimeter at waterline is 74 LN FT and my water surface area is 318 SQ FT. The last pool heater lasted 13 years...want 13 more so any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Heater

Welcome to TFP!!!

What formula? It takes 1 BTU to raise 1 pound of water by 1 degree F .... is that what you mean?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

What formula? It takes 1 BTU to raise 1 pound of water by 1 degree F .... is that what you mean?

Well, I was quoted $3250 installed for a 95, 000 BTU... If I buy more BTU then it will take less time to heat the pool. I suppose what I am looking for a to know how much BTU to buy, or any suggestions.

4. Back To Top    #4

The bigger the heater the faster it will heat the pool. Although the bigger heaters cost more to buy and require larger gas lines which cost more as well.

Are you talking about heat pumps or about resistive electric heaters (which are VERY inefficient)?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

This is what you are looking at correct? http://www.raypak.com/product.aspx?i...9-3891F33A9C91
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

You have about 153,000 lbs of water in the pool. Nominaly you would need a heater of about 300,000 BTU to warm the water 2 deg. per hour. The 95,000 BTU heater will do just over 1/2 degree per hour