Speed settings for the Hayward SP3400VSP

dimbmw

Sep 7, 2012
Hi ,

I have just installed the new Hayward SP3400VSP and trying to determine the proper RPM schedule.

My in ground pool seems to be about 7500 gallons (the size is 25'x10'x4').

At full speed of 3750 RPM the pump is generating about 18 PSI on the filter manometer.

Plumbing is 2", one suction line and one return line.

As far as I understand the approximate formula to determine the GPM is: GPM = RPM/30

So if I want to use 1000 RPM speed, I will get 1000/30 = 33 GPM flow rate and at this flow rate I will need 4 hours run time to pump 8000 gallons ( 33*4 *60 = 7920 gallons)

Am I right in my calculations? 1000 RPM and just 4 hours does not look alot to me, the water is barely moving (however it does).
As a note, I was running the old 2 HP one speed pump for 2.5 hours a day.

Thanks!

Full speed is 3450 RPM (not 3750) and the Intelliflo will produce about 101 GPM on Curve-C which most closely represents 2" plumbing. So the GPM/RPM relationship is about:

GPM = RPM/34

1000 RPM and just 4 hours does not look alot to me, the water is barely moving (however it does)
At 1000 RPM I wouldn't expect the water to move much that is why 1000 RPM may not be the best speed for skimming. It really depends on the pool/plumbing layout so you may need to experiment some.

Remember that pump run time is mainly for removal of debris via skimming or a bottom cleaner. Circulation happens very quickly so that is generally not a big driver. Also, if you have an SWG, that can drive run time too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.