Swam in the pool last Sunday (6/22) and the water looked great. Then it rained a couple of days last week and I wasn't home one single night to clean/brush/etc. Pulled the solar blanket off Saturday morning and whammo: nice green murky water. And wouldn't you know it, I was leaving town at noon (only for a day, thankfully). So I dumped the last little jub of bleach that I had into the pool and left the pump running. When I got back in town Sunday (6/29) I took a sample to the pool store (no, I don't have a TFP test kit - yet). #'s:
FC = 2.5
TC = 2.5
pH = 7.9
TA = 130
CYA = ~20
When I got home, I put in 2 lbs of dry acid and 2 lbs of stabilizer, then 2.72 gallons of bleach. An hour later I added another 1.36 gallons of bleach, since my test kit only goes to 5ppm and I couldn't tell if I had lost any chlorine. Before bed I added another 1.36 gallons, and when I got up this morning I checked the FC and it was somewhere above 5. I added another jug and went to work. Oh yeah, I also brushed on Sunday. When I got home tonight (Monday), I brushed again and added another jug (1.36G). Oh, and the FC was around 5.
So, am I doing the right thing, or am I using too much bleach? The water doesn't seem to look any better. Is it too early to see a difference? Thanks for all the expert advice!