Tile Cleaning Companies

Oh, so you're thinking of it as a stripper/smoother of the surface. If that's the approach you are thinking about, I would think that smoothing/buffing the surface (if possible) to have it be glossy/shiny and smooth would be the approach, but it still might not work. Certainly a surface that is rough is more likely to get scale to develop just because of the nature of the surface, but even a smooth surface can have evaporation leave a residue. You'd almost need some sort of teflon-like surface that not only inhibited scale formation but also would have any residue from evaporation "slide off" along with the water -- that is, a very hydrophobic surface.

Aren't there sprays or liquids one can put onto some materials that make them very hydrophobic -- some sealants that have water bead up after application? Maybe something like that on the tile might work best, but you need to be careful that it doesn't change the appearance of the tile in a way the customer doesn't want.

Oh, so you're thinking of it as a stripper/smoother of the surface. If that's the approach you are thinking about, I would think that smoothing/buffing the surface (if possible) to have it be glossy/shiny and smooth would be the approach, but it still might not work. Certainly a surface that is rough is more likely to get scale to develop just because of the nature of the surface, but even a smooth surface can have evaporation leave a residue. You'd almost need some sort of teflon-like surface that not only inhibited scale formation but also would have any residue from evaporation "slide off" along with the water -- that is, a very hydrophobic surface.

Aren't there sprays or liquids one can put onto some materials that make them very hydrophobic -- some sealants that have water bead up after application? Maybe something like that on the tile might work best, but you need to be careful that it doesn't change the appearance of the tile in a way the customer doesn't want.

Yes, I remember a tile cleaning company put a very hydrophobic chemical on the tiles that surrounded an elevated island spa. The water flowing down formed a V shape. The pool builder was supposedly furious. Without the chemical, the water would cover the whole tile all the way down.

Smoothing and buffing will only work for certain surfaces. This will not work for rocks, etc.

I thought I heard of acid gels that are applied, and take away the solids at the water line when the chemical is wiped away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.