Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Government level water testing.

  1. Back To Top    #1
    ComputerGuyInNOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mandeville, Louisiana

    Government level water testing.

    Isn't there a government agency that can perform a highly accurate water test? I don't know if it costs anything but I read about it a while back. I think it has something to do with farmers testing water. It might be some state or county service. I don't know how accurate it is but if it is government funded it probably costs a fortune. Has anyone ever used such a service? I ask because I read a post about metal levels in water. I am curious if there is a way to have really accurate tests performed for things not covered by my trusty TF100.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SW Indiana

    Re: Government level water testing.

    Usually your state government has an agency that can test well water for safety. They generally send it to a private lab though.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  3. Back To Top    #3
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Silver Spring, MD

    Re: Government level water testing.

    There are labs that will test well water for a variety of contaminates. I know they test for iron, not sure about copper. It is fairly expensive though.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Patrick_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Midland TX

    Re: Government level water testing.

    You don't need a government lab, and the metals we worry about in pools are considered "secondary" contaminants. Iron and Copper that is. Still, if you look around there is likely a certified water lab near you that can test for everything. Not likely, but perhaps with a small miracle at a somewhat "reasonable" price.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts