Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CONCRETE AROUND A/G POOL..... How'd they do that?

1. Back To Top    #1

CONCRETE AROUND A/G POOL..... How'd they do that?

I saw some photos on this site of a round above ground that had been buried completely with concrete decking. I just purchased a 28' Sharkline Matrix Resin Salt pool and that is EXACTLY what we would like to do. We are just not sure how to backfill in order for it to support the concrete. I did inbox the user who posted the pics but it appears that he hasn't been back on the website since 2009. I have buried an a/g in the past and after 10 years of use we moved and it was still fine. I used wood last time for decking but would really like to do concrete this time. The liner would still be accessible since you do not have to completely remove the rails on this particular pool in order to change the liner. I would love to hear suggestions from anyone who has done this before or knows someone who has.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CONCRETE AROUND A/G POOL..... How'd they do that?

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...GP-in-our-yard

You might wanna view that thread and contact the OP.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much. I read the entire thread from start to finish. However, I'm becoming discouraged because they had a radiant pool which has preformed panels. I checked into those but just could not afford it. So my install may be quite different. I too, am not one to listen to "cannot be done". As mentioned earlier, I have buried a steel wall above ground in the past and it worked but was so hoping this time to be able to somehow come up with a way to have a concrete patio as opposed to a wooden deck. Still hoping someone out there can give me some ideas. The pool should be delivered in the next few days and hope to have it installed by mid May or sooner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, if you can't actually concrete around it, you can sure as heck "paver" around it.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Great idea. I will do some pricing on pavers. I was thinking of backfilling with a sand/Portland mix but wasn't sure if that would put too much weight on the walls.

6. Back To Top    #6

You are going to void the warranty on that Sharkline. They are not rated for burial.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

+ 1 ^^^^^
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.