Officially started! (w/pics)

Kelkel

Feb 17, 2014
Houston
So, after an excruciating 1 month delay because of a gas line (main) out of easement, we are finally officially underway with our build!
The dig started (and will I think be completed) today!

Here was the original drawing:
image-9.jpg

We have made the sun bench smaller, based in feedback I read here.

Here was the backyard before: (you can see the mess the gas company left behind)
image-8.jpg

Here it was this morning, just as they were getting started:
imagejpg1.jpg

And here it is this afternoon:
imagejpg3.jpg

Nice. What's going to happen where the existing pavers are ?

Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on sun.

- - - Updated - - -

holy **** things move WAY faster on that side of the state. Congrats!
Yeah, our pool builder doesn't mess around! He is known for completing entire pools in 3-4 weeks! He's been doing them now for 38 years so I guess he's got it down pat.
Gunite starts tmrw!

Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on sun.

That sounds interesting. Can't wait to see that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm interested in your gas main issue. We also have a main gas line through out yard except that it is just barely inside the easement -- only by 1-2 feet. So, it stays as is. It is very frustrating to have a large yard and be unable to use it because of limitations set by the utility lines. 3-4 weeks would be an amazing time frame!

I'm interested in your gas main issue. We also have a main gas line through out yard except that it is just barely inside the easement -- only by 1-2 feet. So, it stays as is. It is very frustrating to have a large yard and be unable to use it because of limitations set by the utility lines. 3-4 weeks would be an amazing time frame!
Well ours was a full 2 feet outside the easement and evidently they'd known about it since 2005. Perhaps the previous owners declined having it corrected if they didn't want their yard torn up.
At any rate, through a lot of ranting & constant harping on my account (squeaky-wheel and all), they moved it into easement. From start to finish, that whole process took about a month. A very frustrating month. But the good news is, the gas company said they would re-sod the areas of the lawn that they messed up.
It was a nightmare at times and could've taken a LOT longer had I not constantly harped on them, but luckily it's over now.

Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on s

Pea gravel as in like 10 million little rocks all around your pool and on peoples feet prior to jumping in? I agree with pavers getting hot as we are in NH and they get really hot in the summer so I can only imagine in TX.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, our pool builder doesn't mess around! He is known for completing entire pools in 3-4 weeks! He's been doing them now for 38 years so I guess he's got it down pat.
Gunite starts tmrw!

Is it Bill Kenny ??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.