Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Officially started! (w/pics)

1. Back To Top    #1

Officially started! (w/pics)

So, after an excruciating 1 month delay because of a gas line (main) out of easement, we are finally officially underway with our build!
    The dig started (and will I think be completed) today!

Here was the original drawing:

We have made the sun bench smaller, based in feedback I read here.

Here was the backyard before: (you can see the mess the gas company left behind)

Here it was this morning, just as they were getting started:

And here it is this afternoon:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Officially started! (w/pics)

Congrats on getting started ! Looks like they got a lot done so far. Keep the pic's coming as things progress.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good!

In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Congrats! I hope it goes quickly and smoothly.

Best of luck.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks y'all! Gunite starts on Thursday, hopefully!

6. Back To Top    #6

Here it was the morning.... Starting re-bar.

Then this afternoon, with rebar complete:

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

holy **** things move WAY faster on that side of the state. Congrats!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice. What's going to happen where the existing pavers are ?
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    Nice. What's going to happen where the existing pavers are ?
    Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    holy **** things move WAY faster on that side of the state. Congrats!
    Yeah, our pool builder doesn't mess around! He is known for completing entire pools in 3-4 weeks! He's been doing them now for 38 years so I guess he's got it down pat.
    Gunite starts tmrw!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Kelkel View Post
    Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on sun.
    That sounds interesting. Can't wait to see that.
    Jeff

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm interested in your gas main issue. We also have a main gas line through out yard except that it is just barely inside the easement -- only by 1-2 feet. So, it stays as is. It is very frustrating to have a large yard and be unable to use it because of limitations set by the utility lines. 3-4 weeks would be an amazing time frame!
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jro33176 View Post
    I'm interested in your gas main issue. We also have a main gas line through out yard except that it is just barely inside the easement -- only by 1-2 feet. So, it stays as is. It is very frustrating to have a large yard and be unable to use it because of limitations set by the utility lines. 3-4 weeks would be an amazing time frame!
    Well ours was a full 2 feet outside the easement and evidently they'd known about it since 2005. Perhaps the previous owners declined having it corrected if they didn't want their yard torn up.
    At any rate, through a lot of ranting & constant harping on my account (squeaky-wheel and all), they moved it into easement. From start to finish, that whole process took about a month. A very frustrating month. But the good news is, the gas company said they would re-sod the areas of the lawn that they messed up.
    It was a nightmare at times and could've taken a LOT longer had I not constantly harped on them, but luckily it's over now.

13. Back To Top    #13

[QUOTE=Kelkel;619809]Well, we debated back & forth and are ultimately going to go with pea gravel for decking. We'll still have pavers under the patio awning (~8 feet to columns). We didn't want to do brick pavers for the decking because our pool builder warned they would get super hot....and the pool area takes a lot of full-on s

Pea gravel as in like 10 million little rocks all around your pool and on peoples feet prior to jumping in? I agree with pavers getting hot as we are in NH and they get really hot in the summer so I can only imagine in TX.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

14. Back To Top    #14

Yeah, pea gravel sounds like it could be a mess - ending up in the bottom of pool. How about light colored pavers?

14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

15. Back To Top    #15

I guess the proper term is exposed aggregate pea gravel. There's nothing messy about it, as it's all compacted in there and not loose on top.

16. Back To Top    #16

[QUOTE=Kelkel;620050]I guess the proper term is exposed aggregate pea gravel. There's nothing messy about it, as it's all compacted in there and not loose on top.[/QUOT

Yes, I follow now.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

17. Back To Top    #17

Congrats on getting started KelKel! Look forward to more pics.
    IG Gunite 30k gallons, custom WetEdge finish with glass beads, spa, Pentair 520sq. ft. Cartridge Filter, Pentair 3HP intelliflow V.S pump, Pentair 400K BTU Heater Master Temp, Pentair 2HP Whisperflo- Model WF-28, Silencer Air Blower 1.5 HP, Pentair Boost Rite Universal Booster Pump, Rainbow 320, Easy Touch 8, My pool build:http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ypress-TX-Pics

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Kelkel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, our pool builder doesn't mess around! He is known for completing entire pools in 3-4 weeks! He's been doing them now for 38 years so I guess he's got it down pat.
    Gunite starts tmrw!

Is it Bill Kenny ??
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by cnatra View Post
    Is it Bill Kenny ??
    No, Ron Stewart

20. Back To Top    #20

So, here is today's progress:

Woke up to this:

Then around noon, they pulled down the covering to reveal this:

And it looks like all of our equipment arrived:

Added photos of yesterday's progress (4/12)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast