Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Camouflaging Equipment Ideas Needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Camouflaging Equipment Ideas Needed

Hey y'all-
    I'm looking for pics, links and ideas on how you hide, disguise, protect your pool equipment. Mine sits off to the side of the deck and our little pool house, but visible and exposed to the elements. Please let me see your landscaping tricks or anything you've built around your equipment. I'm not talking fancy shmancy here, just attractive. Something I can show to Skippy and have him build it (under my constant annoying supervision, he'd claim).
    This is what we've got now-

I need ideas!! Thanks in advance.

Yippee (The pool girl) Skippy (the yard guy)
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Camouflaging Equipment Ideas Needed

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Camouflaging Equipment Ideas Needed

We're not being terribly creative. CMU wall to hide the equipment. I'd post a picture....but it's currently only one block high...and the equipment isn't in there yet.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

You've got all that patio right there....

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Does it come with the cute bartender? If so, well- boyhowdy where do I buy this!?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

First thing I would do is paint the PVC. It will help make it less noticeable.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    First thing I would do is paint the PVC. It will help make it less noticeable.
    Color suggestions? What type of paint is best?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Color suggestions? What type of paint is best?
    I'd probably go with a latex with a primer, about the color of your filter housing. It would blend into the wooded background well.

I'd sand lightly then clean the pipe. You could also go with Krylon Fusion, but it might be messy to spray.

I'd also add about a 2ft pot with flowers in it right on the corner of the pool deck to distract your eye as you look that way.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

9. Back To Top    #9

Maybe something like this.

They have various sizes. They are actually made for ac units but would work to camouflage your set up. Here is a link to there site.
    http://www.triccover.com/store/
    34,000 gal, IG vinyl lagoon shape, Pentair intelliflo varible speed 3hp varible speed pump, 2hp varible speed sheer descent pump, 520 clean an clear cartridge filter, letro legend with booster pump, 8ft bench with two 3ft sheer decents, 3 Pentair Magic Flow Laminar Jets, Intellibrite 5g led lighting, Build currently in progress

10. Back To Top    #10

This is what I built to hide equipment and AC's....
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks nice Husker!

I was going to suggest something similar.
    Blaine

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build:
    osage-hills-pool-build-t50526.html