Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: taylor R0008 was green, now blue?

1. Back To Top    #1

taylor R0008 was green, now blue?

I have a taylor test kit for about two years. the instructions for testing total alkalinity say that after putting in 2 drops of r0007
    to then add add 5 drops of r0008. The sample should turn green, and it always has, then add R0009 untill sample turns to red....
    But I needed a new bottle of R0008 and it is blue. I added the 5 drops and the sample turned blue. I then added R0009 and the sample turned to clear...With the green sample...the value for each drop of 0009 was ten. It took about 10 drops of 0009 to turn my blue sample clear...Is the value for the blue solution also ten? This would mean that my total alkanlinity was 100, about what i expected and an acceptable level.

In other words the blue 0008 turns clear at the same level that the green 0008 turned that correct?
    6600 gal IG concrete/gemcoat
    Fresh water
    1 HP motor
    StayRite PLM 100 system 2 filter
    full sun
    Treasure coast, Florida

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: taylor R0008 was green, now blue?

That should still be valid. See the extended testing instructions sticky at the top of this subforum. Is your FC really high?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: taylor R0008 was green, now blue?

2 year old reagent is simply not worth keeping. Get new reagent and have confidence in your results.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School