Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any opinions on "the circulator" return jets?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any opinions on "the circulator" return jets?

I have seen on the web different types of return jets that increase the water circulation. Several brands out there - The Circulator, Infusion V fitting, etc. Are any of you familiar with these types of jets and what do you think of them? They don't look like they would fit in my AG pool so would I have to purchase the Intex adapter?
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any opinions on "the circulator" return jets?

Try a search of the forum, I think these have been discussed before.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I recommend against them, though not all that strongly. It is very easy to setup standard eyeball fittings to provide excellent circulation in nearly any pool. Eyeball fittings are less expensive and less prone to having problems. The only counterpoint I can think of is that eyeball fittings do need manual adjustment to achieve proper circulation, while most of the fancier fittings do not require any adjustment. Still, that isn't much of advantage, and so I go with the less expensive, more reliable, simpler standard eyeball fittings.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies Jason and Jason ;o)
    I also searched the forum as suggested. Thanks
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.