Balanced

Sep 4, 2013
So I put the following numbers in and the pool calc says I am balanced. PH 8.2, FC 6.5, TA 90, CH 200, cya 85, salt 3400 which gives a csi of -0.02. But I am not at the recommended levels that pool school says I need to be at. I don't get it! PH is high and ch is low. Can someone explain to me so that I can understand if my pool is really balanced? Is my pebble sheen going to be ok with the ch at 200?

Thanks

The high pH is counteracting the low TA and CH. Get your pH down to 7.8 pronto. The test only goes up to 8.2, so you might be significantly higher.

Don't forget to plug your temp in as well, but I think once you lower the pH, you may need to raise the CH a bit.

Play with the "Target" side of PoolMath a bit, and you can see how pH and temp will change your CSI.

I agree the 8.2 is a bit high ... I would keep it closer to 7.8 or so and as long as the CSI does not get too negative, you should be fine. I ran my pool with a CH of 130ppm by keeping the pH up a bit just because I knew the CH was going to climb due to evaporation.

CSI is seldom needed when testing your pool......make that almost never.

TF, your results are a good example of why I have never used it and never will.

You will have far better success keeping your parameters within the guidelines we suggest. Use that CSI if you run into a scaling problem on your pool......ignore it otherwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.