Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Clarification on Replacement Filters for Hayward C3025

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Clarification on Replacement Filters for Hayward C3025

Time to replace the filters, so I looked on the filter sticker and I have a Hayward C3025 and it says to use CX580RXE replacement filters. Looking at the Hayward site (Filter Link Here) it shows the filter as being 7 x 19 5/8. The filters that are in there are much taller than that (they are the original filters too) so my question is does it matter if they're shorter or do I need to find out what's really inside and get filters that are the same height? Thanks for any help on this.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Clarification on Replacement Filters for Hayward C3025

I am not 100% sure on the internals of the cartridge filters, but pretty sure you have to match the dimensions for it to work properly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Jason, the filters need to be an exact match.

You can check with Unicel and Filbur for matches to your current set. Unicel has a downloadable PDF listing all their filters by size and application, with crossover to other manufacturers. Unfortunately it is sort of hidden in their website, so poke around a bit in the "professional/dealer" areas.

In my opinion, these two filter manufacturers are the top of the line, and are priced to reflect this.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    I agree with Jason, the filters need to be an exact match.

You can check with Unicel and Filbur for matches to your current set. Unicel has a downloadable PDF listing all their filters by size and application, with crossover to other manufacturers. Unfortunately it is sort of hidden in their website, so poke around a bit in the "professional/dealer" areas.

In my opinion, these two filter manufacturers are the top of the line, and are priced to reflect this.
    Thank you both. Unicel's replacement is also 19 5/8" tall so I better take a look at what's inside the filter. I just remember the current filters barely fitting in our garbage can when I cleaned them because they were so tall, so I'm pretty curious now.