Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Equipment Pad Pergola!

1. Back To Top    #1

Equipment Pad Pergola!

Just spent the better half of two days building a 5ft x 10ft pergola to go over my equipment pad. Total spent including decking hardware and redwood studs/ posts is $250.00. To complete it, I plan on installing the sun shade type screen across the top and probably staining it a color of my wife's choice (lol). This should keep the sun from beating down on my precious pool equipment, plus it makes the pool equipment wall look a little better.

Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Equipment Pad Pergola!

I agree. It really dress's the area up. Nice job !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nicest looking equipment topper I've seen to date!
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

4. Back To Top    #4

Dang nice.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Little update... I hate nothing more than painting... well, maybe sanding drywall mud, but that is a different story. With that said, I took about a month to get around to putting two coats of Cedar tinted deck stain to the Pergola. I also put some sun shade screen on top to help keep the sun from beating down on my precious equipment. Let me know what you think..

Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks good and the dog is super cute! I remember watching your build!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is a picture near the end of construction showing all the pool equipment at the end of the pool.

IMG_1175.jpg

We didn't like seeing all the equipment out in the open. Our pool gets direct sun almost all day, and we didn't want the sun beating down on the equipment all day. We had the following pergola installed. No more unsightly equipment and it is shaded.

IMG_1778 smaller.jpg
    Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Very nice pergola. What material did you put on top? I have a pergola with a tarp on top that I would like to replace with something like yours.
    22,000 gallon IG; plaster; 16x32 Rectangular, Depth 3.5-8Ft.
    Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter - 48sqft w/ cellulose fiber & Hayward Energy Flo RS Pump - .75HP (1.85SF)
    Very old 312sqft solar system, TFT-100 Kit with Speedstir

9. Back To Top    #9

That came out nice. I'd like to do that but my equipment is up against the house. I'll probably just put a piece of lattice up. Something to slow down the sun damage.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Love it..
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great. I've been wanting to do something like this and now I will.

16k gal, IG, Anthony pool, built 1976, (re-plastered 2014, UWC Finest Finish White). Filter: Hayward ProGrid-4820 DE. Pump: Hayward 3/4 HP RS750, Cleaner: POLARIS 280, Booster Pump: Polaris PB-460, TF-100 test kit. 680 sq ft of Kooldeck.

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks great!
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

13. Back To Top    #13

I probably need to think about something like this being in Phoenix with everything out in the open...
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated