pentair mini max ch 250m

Apr 6, 2014
pennsylvania
I was wondering if I might be able to get some information on my Pentair mini max ch 250m pool heater... At the end of last season my heater was starting to act up... The heater would fire up and begin to heat just fine but would only run for approximately 8-10 minutes and shut off. The pilot light remains on just the gas "fizzles" out... the heater will then relight on its own and only run for about 4-6 minutes.. It repeats this until it will not light anymore at all and the pilot light then goes out also...About three or four cycles... any ideals?... I live in Pennsylvania and it is almost time for me to open the pool.. about a month .. I would like to know where to start when it finally warms up enough to open the pool.. Thanks for your answers in advance.....

"gas "fizzles" out" Could be a bad gas valve or a clogged pilot tube not allowing enough gas out to generate the millivolts needed to run the heater. If you can get the pilot lit again, you can use a volt/ohm meter if you have one to measure the milivolts at the valve. Is this natural gas or propane?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.