New filters and new guage for cartridge filter what should be the psi?

This statement is inconsistent with a skimmer clog. If you indeed have a skimmer clog, the filter pressure would be lower and so would the flow rate.

Got good water movement everywhere I'm confused now lol skimmer does not float it just sits in there collecting large debris but letting small stuff like grass go in and then come out

Filter is maintaining 2psi pressure still and let's out a little air after about 8-12hrs

Pool wasn't touched for about 3yrs also.

Gonna be back in town in a day or two and I'll try the hose idea see if anything happens

That gauge is what pentair supplies with their filters. You can rotate the Bezel of the gauge. They intend for the user to rotate the bezel and set START to the needles PSI position when the filter is clean. When the needle reaches the CLEAN FILTER arrow, then clean it. Mine has one just like it.
THis is not an endoresement of pentairs intentions of how to use the bezel, just a FYI.

I'd certainly ignore that Start and Clean Filter lettering. Never seen that before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.