News letter

Poolidiot

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2007
Texas
With the new upgrade and all maybe I am just not looking in the right place, but I never did see a June news letter. I click on the newletters archive but it has May but I do not find a June one any where, If I am blind will someone show me the way :cry: ? And if it has just not been written yet just tell me to pipe down , it will be here when it gets here :?

SeanB said:
You should have received the June issue then. It went out on June 1st. Have you received previous issues via e-mail, and have you checked your spam folder,

Yes I have received previous news letters, I checked my spam folder , not there. When I received them before they went to my in box. Guess I will just have to be a month behind and wait and read the newsletters when they are put in the archives :?

SeanB said:
providing it's not set to auto-delete (which is not a smart thing to do).

Ummmm :hammer: I take the fifth :shock: Good thing I never said i WAS smart :scratch: :ncool:

It just shows what a blight on computer usage spam has been. Spam filters are so sensitive now that any e-mail sent out in bulk is automatically regarded as spam. This is why I tell people, please do not set your spam to auto-delete! You will invariably miss important e-mails not only from this site, but other sources as well. It only takes a moment to glance in the folder to make sure there is nothing important in there before deleting everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SeanB said:
Poolidiot said:
Well I received the July letter (in my INBOX btw) so I do not know what happen to the June letter. I have one question about the July letter, WHO is the member of the month?

Doh! It's Jason Linhart, of course (aka JasonLion)

I knew it was Jason!..............recognized the 'mane'! :poke: :lol: :lol:

btw, PI, my newsletter came in my inbox, just like it used to do, too! 8)

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. On my end, it shows that all the e-mails were sent, well over 2,000 of them. I got mine and so have many others.

All I can say is it appears to be something on your end. There is no other way for me to send them and it's done the same way for everyone.

My only other suggestion is to make absolutely certain that:
1. It is not in your spam / junk folder and
2. Your spam / junk folder is NOT set to auto-delete - LOTS of people do this and you end up missing important e-mail along with the spam.

I've got a couple of tweaks to make before I can add the June issue to the archive but will try and get it up later today followed by the July.

I received the June letter immediately after resubscribing this morning.. very weird as I received previous newsletters without issue. Could the forum upgrade somehow be the culprit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.