Aquapure SWG selection

bsjeep

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
I'm second guessing my equipment choice. I was going all Jandy and with about 11,500 gallons pool (and spa included). I was going to get the PLC700 (rated to 12,000 gallons).

Now I read the manual and it mentioned for southern california and warmer areas with longer season to upgrade to 1400 model, but I also read that having a cover you can decrease the power on the SWG due to lack of sunlight. I also have an auto-cover in the works, so I'm thinking the combination of both I can stay with the PLC700 model.

An auto cover does greatly cut down on how much chlorine you need. At the same time we always recommend you get a SWG that is larger than you really need. That insures that you can generate enough chlorine without worrying about increasing the pump run time, plus the larger SWG is almost always less expensive in the long run as it will last longer.

I would definitely get the 1400. I have 13,500 gallons and in the summer I run my pump 8 hours a day at 60% on my cell. You will have a hard time keeping up with the 700. I think most people don't cover their pools in the summer even with an auto cover. Who wants to look at a cover? If you do plan to keep it covered most of the time, the 700 might just do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.