Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help with large raised pool spots, what do I do now?

1. Back To Top    #1

Orange County, ca

Please help with large raised pool spots, what do I do now?

I bought a house with a plaster pool that had large and small raised spots all over the bottom, and I had a company remove all the plaster down to the gunnite, then re-plaster with new tile. After 2 years I seen two raised spots starting to come back. they start small, and get larger / wider over time. I drained the pool, touched them up with pumas stone, then acid washed. Now after 3 years I have 4 or 5 large 2 inch round spots and 100 small raised spots on the bottom of the pool. after pumas stone and brushing the pool the large spots are no longer just raised , but both raised and indented. At this point I am not sure what to do, I was thinking sanding and painted, but lots of people say don't paint. What's the best approach to fix this plaster ? Am I required to re-plaster every 3 years or so ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help with large raised pool spots, what do I do now?

Welcome to the forum.

Not certain, but it looks like calcium nodules. If you'll read on them on the website below, it will tell you all about them and help you make a better determination.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr