Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fibreglass Shell Install

1. Back To Top    #1

Fibreglass Shell Install

We have a fibreglass pool going in, it appeared to go well until the water was in and it was backfilled ready for concrete when i noticed the step in the picture on the left is hollow and noisy to walk on, it actually flexes under heavy foot. The builders have been keen to fix it and have been on site trying hard, they have put plenty of the dust (crushed rock stuff) its improved a lot, but its not firm all the way along. Its concreted and paving has begun.

Is it possible to pack this up properly without major re excavation? The guys seem to be trying to sort this with the last amount of re work,e g concrete replacement through small holes in the concrete.

I am concerned they will get it right now and then summer and winter will come and go and it will settle a few millimetres and the issue will return, this time with paving on top.

The ground is very hard dry clay and its not a majorly wet area of the yard. I think they made the hole too big and didnt back fill properly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fibreglass Shell Install

To me the right way to fix is to break up the concrete and backfill properly.

Absent of that, perhaps they can drill small holes as suggested and pump lightweight concrete into the voids.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3

I know there are ways to repair a sinking slab by drilling relatively small holes and pumping in a support substance - I think it is a foam like product that expands and may be the answer.

http://www.concretejack.com/foam-jacking/

Just a thought.
    15 K gal/gunnite, 600 gal attached SPA, Hayward: ProLogic, ColorLogic LED, Super II pumps, 400k BTU heater, StarClear cartridge filter for, SwimClear cartridge filter . Pentaire: booster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/detai...l?hilit=corpus

4. Back To Top    #4

that's a really pretty pool!
    Vette, DH, & 2 DDs Our IG AGP Build
    In-ground Radiant 24', 1.5 Pentair IntelliFlo pump, Hayward Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks its getting there slowly, glass fence replacing the white temp fence.

Installer still hasn't fixed the step They got it very close but the ground moved again and the step became hollow again.

6. Back To Top    #6

Ouch... sorry to hear about the steps! Are they going to continue to remedy the situation?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Remedied now. They escalated a bit and put some dust and concrete, its pretty firm now.

8. Back To Top    #8

Awesome! So hlad they fixed it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter