Skimmer box

Norcal Spearo

In The Industry
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I have a customer the called because I could not pump out his pool, when I got there took me a couple of minutes to figure it out, his skimmer box was approximately 8" x 36" x 30" with 2 1.5" hose fittings at one end.
One of the fittings was plumbed to the pools main drain, the other was going to pump suction side, I have never seen a skimmer box like this, something was missing there, I told him I could put in a 3 way valve.
My question is do any of you have a setup like this, that does have a valve, if so can you post a picture?
I know I could figure out a way to make this work, a picture I could show the customer how it's supposed to be, and not the way it is.

Both of my in ground pools have had the floor plumbed to the skimmer and then from the skimmer to the pump. A float diverter in the skimmer can force suction from the floor, but it is not generally air tight enough to allow you to drain well below the skimmer.

This is a fairly common setup.

He was able to pump out the pool, I had a couple of submersibles that I let him borrow, I tried a piece of hose jumper from one fitting to the other, but the hose I had would not seal.
A float diverter, can that be controlled manually to take some water from the pools main drain, the way this is the water in this line going to main drain the water never moves.

I was going to take a picture, but I had forgot my phone at home, I will be going there sometime this week, to do some cleaner adjustments once the pool is full.
I will not be able to see the bottom of the skimmer once it's full, but I had my whole arm in it to reach the bottom, I figure 30" plus in depth, it had a divided small section maybe 6", this is a big metal box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.