Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I made a mistake choosing the Easytouch over the Intellitouch

1. Back To Top    #1

I think I made a mistake choosing the Easytouch over the Intellitouch

I posted this question in my pool build thread, but I figured I'd be more likely to get an answer in a separate forum.

I got to play with my newly installed Easytouch last night and the ScreenLogic interface. I was thrilled. Right up until I realized I can't macro anything.

I'll have 5 different color changing lights, two actuators for water feature driving, and one variable speed pump I mean to run at various RPMs for each macro.

What's the right thing to do? Replace the whole EasyTouch with an Intellitouch, find some other controller besides the screenlogic that can do macros at the software level like a universal remote, or maybe just exchange the door panel and personality of the Easy Touch with an i9+3 personality kit?

What do y'all think? Any tips? I know I'm going to have to dish out some cash to get this the way I want it.

IG 8,000gal 12.5'x28', 3HP Intelliflo VS Pump, DE FNS 60sf filter, Easytouch 8p, Screenlogic 2, Rainbow Automatic Chlorine Feeder, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, 3x columns w/sheer descents, Color Cascade Bubbler in ledge, Intellibrite 5G, Globrite LED on ledge, 3x Pentair Landscape Lights, 4x Kichler 15745 for patio stairs, 6 returns, 2 skimmers, white plaster w/meta-max and start-up tec, Cool-Deck, concrete coping, Oklahoma sandstone retaining wall

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: I think I made a mistake choosing the Easytouch over the Intellitouch

Please never ask the same question in more than one place!

EasyTouch doesn't have macros, and IntelliTocuh does. On the other hand EasyTouch can do almost everything you mentioned.

EasyTouch has Auxs, which loosely correspond to relays, which more generally can be thought of as "things" which are either on or off. Each Aux can have an associated pump speed (when on) and can switch a relay and can turn a valve. If you want something fancier than that, you will need to switch to IntelliTouch.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School