Pump pressure help!!

Jjpool

Jan 27, 2014
Texas
Just back washed then rinsed. When I turned it back to filtration my gauge and pressure are jumping back and forth between 0 psi and 18 psi. It keeps bouncing back and forth every 30 seconds or so and bubbles are coming from the return jets. Help?????

It sounds to me like your pump is loosing prime, did you clean the pump strainer basket while it was off? If so did you lubricate the basket o-ring with silicone lubricant before sealing it back up and check for debris (twigs, etc.) around the fitting?

How does the pump basket look? Is it full of water?

Generally, air bubbles indicate a suction side leak, however, it could be you inadvertently got some air into your filter, and it's not bleeding out properly.

Confirming what others have said, you are loosing prime. Either a suction side leak or perhaps because your pool water level is too low and you are sucking in air at the skimmer.

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your tips. We cleaned pump basket and stuck hands in pipe to clear. Added more water before closing pump. Wasted out a lot of rainwater and then back washed again. All seems to be running fine now!! Thanks for all of your responses and advice!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.