Compupool swg on new install

Feb 27, 2014
oklahoma
I am looking at putting in a cpsc16 in my new fiberglass 17k gallon pool. (one brochure on their site says it is enough and another says i need the next step up) I have a 2 speed motor with a sand filter (300 lbs/24 inch) I plan to run the pump constantly at low speed and only put on high for cleanings. I have always done chlorine in my other pools but wife wants swg. anything I need to watch out for on this? seems most folks get at least 2 years from the cells so while i doubt i will save much over chlorine seems it will at least be the same. appreciate any input out there. main reason for the compupool is the price. really dont want to spend 1k plus on an swg especially if i am not happy with it and decide to go back to chlorine tabs again.

We recommend sizing the SWG for 2-3 times the size of your pool. This prolongs the life of the cell which should easily last longer than 2 years.

Also there is no way you need to be running your pump constantly. See the article in the How To section of Pool School.

The amount of chlorine used varies fairly widely over the course of the season. If your SWG is undersized, there is probably only a week or two during the year when you will need to manually supplement the chlorine level. However, you will need to pay attention when it is around that time and make sure you keep up manually.

A larger SWG will end up being less expensive in the long run. Even though it costs more up front, it will last more than enough longer to make up for the extra expense. If you need to run the pump extra time for the smaller SWG, the larger one will make up it's extra expense even more quickly.

Also the cpsc series have had some issues with the electrical connections at the cell, leading to melting of the end piece. The CPX36 would be a better choice if you want to stick with Compupool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have one of the recommended test kits yet? Post up test results and lets see what needs adjusting before you can start up the SWG.
What does the water look like?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
not yet they just set the pool 2 days ago, finish plumbing this week and backfill and deck, then equipment and swg. ill test water first but generally this time of year our city water runs 4 to 6 ppm chlorine so it should be interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.