Cracked gunnite step in vinyl pool

Apr 5, 2014
Maryville, TN
Hello,

New member. My name is David. I have a follow-up question to this thread, as it concerns gunite.

First off my pool is a 25+ year old, 20'x40' In-ground, Grecian-style, vinyl-lined pool with gunite steps (photo). The gunite has some kind of chalky plaster on top of it. This winter it developed a crack in the side wall of the steps (photo). I used an epoxy to stop the leak (2"/day) but realize that it is only temporary and is already starting to peel off. A local pool company recommended a guy with a company called Perma Ceram. He said the pool needs to be drained to below step level. He then will grind off the finish over the gunite, seal the leak and reapply a finish over the entire step surface.

Just wondering if this sounds right or if you recommend another process. Said the cost will be $800-$1000 and should take a day to day and a half.

Appreciate any feedback and have already bought some recommended products this morning from this site (Taylor Chloride Salt Water Drop Test Kit K-1766, and TFTestkits TF-100)

Thanks,

DavidIMG_6128.jpgIMG_6131.jpgIMG_6127.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.