Algae?

jsun

Jun 13, 2008
I don't know if this is algae or not; hoping someone could help. I have vacuumed the pool every other day for the past week and the following keeps showing up on the bottom of the pool in the same spots.

I have put in algaecide; and kept my chlorine level up to 10ppm for the last 10 days. my total alkalinity is 120, and ph is 6.2, stabilizer is 35.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

[attachment=0:q4wuno5b]pool.jpg[/attachment:q4wuno5b]

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 191
That doesn't really look like algae to me, though it is difficult to be sure. It looks like drifts of blown in dust to me.

If your PH is really 6.2, you need to raise it up to at least 7.0 right away. However, most PH tests won't indicate numbers lower than 6.8 so I wonder if that is perhaps a typo?

Good, 6.8 is better than 6.2. You should still raise it to 7.0 as soon as possible. Your TA level is good, so borax is probably the best choice for raising the PH, but if you have soda ash, PH Increaser, etc you can use one them instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.