how do you test in the dark

Get a bottle of pool water and head inside. In fact, I seldom test the water outside by the pool. The majority of the tests are just fine done inside as the only one we suggest being done outside in natural daylight is the CYA test.

lol I use an empty water or clean soda bottle to collect pool water. I'll fill it once with pool water, dump it and fill it again and head inside.

The only test that really needs to be done outdoors on a bright day is the CYA test, which does not need to be done too often (a few times per season typically), so unless you are a vampire this should not be too much of an issue. (No offensive meant to vampires, or as they may prefer to be called people with light sensitivity and alternative dietary requirements). For the rest of the tests do them indoors under good lighting, for the color matching test like pH hold them up to a good white background, a white wall, white appliance door, etc.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.