My spa light went out, trying to find a replacement

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
My light is a Pac Fab #70571, at least that is what the label on the light says should be used.

It is about 2 inches long and has a screw in base, a small one like a chandelier bulb.

I would like to get a LED bulb for it, but does anyone know if it will fit in this case? I think there is a case number on it also.

The bulb I took out looks more long and skinny than the LED lights I've seen.

EDIT: I found a picture of one it is #7 here:
http://www.poolproducts.com/aspx/shared ... 5=DEALTIME

I don't think I can get an LED light to fit here as it is a halogen bulb. How difficult is it to replace one of these?

Turns out it is a T-4 mini can lamp. Does anyone know if you can get an LED replacement?

END EDIT:

thanks,
David

I found the part at the pool store and a new bulb at HD. Bulb was half price at HD vs pool store.

I drained my spa to get access to the light as I have never changed one before and thought it would be nice to do it dry for the first time. After pulling the housing and bulb out, I turned on the light switch and saw the GFCI trip. I reset the GFCI and tried the pool light and all was fine.

So I put the spa light back together and tried it out without water and it light momentarily till the GFCI tripped. I have now filled the spa and have the same problem.

Ideas as to why the spa trips the GFCI and the pool light does not? Sounds like I may have to replace the whole light?

thanks,
Dave

I'm looking at replacing this light with a R-20 screw in bulb style. It looks like this is what I need to support the new LED lights. Could somone point me to a place where I can buy them or provide a recommendation?

thanks,
dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.