Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting to a Stenner pump and tank

1. Back To Top    #1

Converting to a Stenner pump and tank

Ok, I need help... I'm interested in converting to a Stenner pump and tank. My pump/filter runs 24 hours/day. What size pump do I need to order??
    25,000 gallon Vinyl Lined Inground. One skimmer, 2 returns. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4, Hayward Pro Grid DE 3620 with VariFlow valve, LaarsLite 2 propane heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Converting to a Stenner pump and tank

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Stenner-Build

This is my build. Stenner's are easy to set up and are pretty worry free. I love mine!! Makes the pool super easy to maintain.
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

3. Back To Top    #3

The key is the timing for dosing. I used the 10GPD stenner (45MHP10) with a P7103ME to control the dosing. I LOVE the timer- I can be configured 110 or 220. Used a tank from the guys at the carwash. Easy cheesy if you are comfortable with electrical.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by karmabiker View Post
    The key is the timing for dosing. I used the 10GPD stenner (45MHP10) with a P7103ME to control the dosing. I LOVE the timer- I can be configured 110 or 220. Used a tank from the guys at the carwash. Easy cheesy if you are comfortable with electrical.
    Same setup here, except I went with the P1353ME timer instead. I absolutely love it. I did end up having an electrician install mine though. Me and electricity don't mix.
    Dallas, TX. 27,000 gallon in-ground free-form gunite. Built in 2007. DEL60 filter with single speed 2hp Hayward pump. Polaris 360 cleaner with associated booster pump. Stenner chlorine pump and tank. Intermatic P1353ME timer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey guys. Why not buy a Stenner pump with the internal timer?