How to make a skimmer sock?

AprilNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
The pollen is out in full force ... this is my first pollen season with the pool ... and I don't have a filter sock ... can I just use some panty hose or something like that? I can't get to the pool store for a few days, so I need a substitution!

Yes you can use a knee high. That's what I use and I use them all the time. They will catch a lot of junk so check them fairly often when you have high pollen days. They can restrict flow when they are full. ?

It will be there soon! I just noticed the first yellow here yesterday and overnight it just multiplied!

"sock" installed, bleach added, robot running ... this is the longest amount of time I have spent on the pool for 6 months! The only casualty from the freezing winter seems to be our waterhose, which probably needed to be replaced anyway.

Sooooo glad I found this forum!!

Yes, the only thing I have left to do is to find some replacement parts for the pool - the caps that go on top of the metal pieces at the top of an AGP ... I am hoping that the pool store can figure out which ones they are. ... I just need the ones for the two rounded ends.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.