New Family Member

I have Tigger's cousin Duke over here in Tampa. Duke is a reverse brindle (black) boxer we adopted from Florida Boxer Rescue.

Duke and his sister Sadie couple years back lounging by the pool. Sadie past away April 2013. They love laying by the pool but not going in.

Oh he is just gorgeous! So sorry for your loss on Sadie! I have a female reversed Brindle but she's not as dark as Duke. Her name Is Mummy Ava.

Love me some BOXAS! :mrgreen:

Nice looking dogs, one and all!

WVUTampaAlum: Sorry to hear about Sadie's passing. Like Sadie and Duke, our late Snickers enjoyed laying out by the pool but not going in it. Here's a close-up pic of Snickers laying by the pool. The pool is not in the pic, but you can see the patio in the lower right and the pool is just beyond that.
Snickers-Collage.jpg

Too early to tell if Tigger will go into the pool. The real test is whether he does once I go in. The water temp is in the mid-60's which is the lower end of my threshold for going in, so we could find out soon. I will probably run the heater to get the water into the 70's for a little extra margin.

Casey: Looks like Mummy Ava and Tigger could pass for siblings.

Took Tigger out to Starbucks today to meet the guys at Friday morning coffee. It's finally warm enough to sit outside. He was quite the attention-getter and got a few snacks out of the deal (like he hasn't had enough Eye Round roast this week).

Thanks pragmatic!

BoDarville said:
Too early to tell if Tigger will go into the pool. The real test is whether he does once I go in.
Got an update on this...Took the first swim of the season yesterday - roughly 30-minutes of lap swimming. As I went from one end of the pool to the other, Tigger ran back & forth on the patio to keep up with me. A few times he looked like he might jump in, but did not. One experience is not a trend, though. We'll see what happens as the season progresses. At least he got as much of a workout as I did.

Oh... I am placing money on Tigger being a swimmer! :mrgreen:

We had our first kids pool party this past weekend and Tigger did great with everyone including the small kids. He greeted everyone but didn't jump on them. We figured he would do fine as his foster family had two toddlers but it was still nice to see that he did well. As for who/what was the biggest hit of the party, it was between him and the deep-fried hot dogs (a.k.a., Rippers) that were one of the menu selections offered up. Tigger still has not taken the plunge into the pool yet. There were a few times I thought it might happen but, so far, the closest we've come is a few longing looks.

Glad to hear Trigger is settling in well. Looks like he hit the doggie adoption lottery. So sorry to hear of Snickers. Heartbreaking that dogs have such short lives.

I foster for a dog rescue group and our adoption process is thorough. Some folks think it is too invasive, but our group takes proactive steps to keep these dogs from becoming homeless again. Putting the right dog in the right home is important for the well being of the dog. It is very heartwarming adopting a rescue dog and now that I foster dogs it is very rewarding knowing that I helped save more lives.

If anyone is in the DC metro area, check out our group Lab Rescue of the LRCP. We re-home about 1,000 dogs in the DC, MD, VA, DE (small sliver of NC and PA): http://www.imis100us1.com/labs/

Hope you don't think I've hijacked your thread... just passionate about rescuing dogs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.