Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Limestone Screenings Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Limestone Screenings Question

I need to fill in a couple of small low spots(2 inch deep) on my leveled surface where we had to pull up a root. I cannot keep re leveling the whole 24 x 15 area just because of small pits caused by roots and rocks or I will be digging to china all day long.

My first thought was to use the limestone screening material I hear everyone talk about using to level with. I don't want to use it over the whole surface as my area is completely level other than these 2 inch x 2 foot areas, two of them that are mainly in the middle. If I were to fill in those two small areas with screening and compact them, what do you think? Would it wash out? I can get this at our local rock site but since I need a limited amount, can this be bought in bags at like home depot?
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup view here

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Limestone Screenings Question

Screenings would probably work well in that situation and should not wash. I have never seen them at Home Depot.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I will check around tommorow and go by the place here that sells sand and rock.
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup view here

4. Back To Top    #4

I used screenings instead of sand for under my liner. The screenings will compact very well. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I am using Blue Metal Dust.... Its like crushed rock, but when it gets wet, it sets hard...... Not concrete hard, but very firm.... I'm Australian though and I'm not sure what is the US equivalent..... thank you google, its broken up blue stone........
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

6. Back To Top    #6

The equivalent is screenings laceygirl.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I found #10 Sand, which is also known as #10 limestone, at the Rock Yard. I had 3 ton delivered and decided if it was too much I have a lot of other uses for it. I am adding on to the driveway so I used some as base. I hope to complete the leveling today if I don't tire out first.

My pool setup view here

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

That will do the trick...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven