New Pool Build - Flower Mound TX

grgood

Jan 31, 2014
Flower Mound TX
Hi,

I have been a lurking on this site for a while now. We finally have a yard big enough to put a pool in, so we just signed the papers this week. WHOOP!

Here are the Specs:

41' x 26.5 ' Custom free form
Depth: 3.5' to 8.5'
Area: 837
Finish: Plaster with a 33% quartz additive
Coping: Cantilever and some flagstone
Deck: 676 stamped concrete with another 614 of stamped concrete cap on the existing patio
Recessed diving board
32' of double sided flagstone 12' raised beam with 3 12" rock water spills

Spa: 12" raised spa with a tiered spillway.
6 jets

equipment:
Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter
Sta-Rite Maxi-therm Heater
2- Pentair VS pumps
Poloris 280 cleaner with a Letro Pump
Intelli-chor SWCG
4 Intellibright 5 LED lights ( 3 in the pool, one in the spa)
Easytouch 8 with the wireless controller and a 4 button spa side controller
2 MagicStream Laminars

Here is a picture of the plan:

WP_20140404_002.jpg

Thanks,

Greg

Here is a pic of the current back yard

IMG_7053_zps85994893.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

We have seen a few complaints about the System 3 filters, just a heads up.
I would also consider getting a robot instead of the pressure side pump and booster ... these use a lot of electricity requiring 2 pumps to be running.

Jason, is it the System 3 DE or the System 3 cartridge that you have seen complaints about? I have seen complaints about difficulty cleaning the cartridge filters , but don't remember seeing complaints about the DE.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WoW! The yard is HUGE and the pool is going to be awesome! Keep the pics coming!

They came out and did the plumbing today and installed the equipment. Pictures to come, but I am concerned that they installed an ic 40 swcg instead of the ic60. This is a 35000 gal pool, so would the ic40 be ok?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

You specified an IC-60 and should get that for two reasons. 1) you paid for it and 2) it's properly sized (per TFP recommendations) so as not to run at such a high percentage as the IC-40 would, thus extending its life. Don't give in on getting the IC-60.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.