Taylor Test Kit question

I have a Taylor 2006 test kit. It gives the option of using a 25 ml sample or a 10 ml sample for the FC test. The question is that the instructions for FC test says to use two dippers of DPD R 0870, not differentiating whether that is for the 10 ml or 25 ml sample. If 2 dippers are OK for 25 ml, wouldn't it be better to use 1 dipper the 10 ml sample? Will the test results be affected either way?

One heaping dipper in 5 ml is what I've been doing. My new Speed Stir even has a 5 ml line. I don't need .5 accuracy most days (high CYA) and then I don't have to multiply by two, because "Math is hard!"

One heaping dipper in 5 ml is what I've been doing. My new Speed Stir even has a 5 ml line. I don't need .5 accuracy most days (high CYA) and then I don't have to multiply by two, because "Math is hard!"

For reference, This can be ok when you are at higher FC levels (like in the middle of a SLAM), but that is not accurate enough to be testing for CCs or for doing OCLT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.