Ready.....Set.......Build!

Yes, I have seen it in person. I am going to the PB's office on Tuesday. If you want, I can take a photo of it and post. The colors in the background of the tile are darker and the contrast between the design and the background colors are not as strong as in the picture. I was surprised how much the design blended with the background colors. Not as much contrast or as bright as I thought it would be. I will take a pic for you on Tuesday so you can see...

Not much new to report, just watching concrete cure. Coping got delivered today, think that's getting started tomorrow. Electrical run passed inspection, and the plumbing was covered up. Patio will hopefully start by the end of the week, plans will be submitted tomorrow. I've been slacking on the pics, but I'll take some tomorrow. For now here are the patio plans.

I guess this is the part where the build feels like it starts to drag on forever. My little one asks everyday when they are going to be done and the older one asks what did they do today. So they basically cut and dry fit most of the coping today. Didn't really notice much else. I'm assuming tomorrow they will start mortaring things in place. Oh, and my patio plans will be submitted. He's been dragging on submitting those plans. Probably not a big deal since we probably won't be ready to pour the footers until early next week.

Coping is pretty dusty and dirty so pics don't really do it Justice.

Thanks Tresiarth. So coping was done today, except for a few pieces on the steps. Not sure why this wasn't done, I didn't get a chance to talk with the PB mainly because my schedule doesn't allow me much of a chance to talk to him. Finally received our sample tile today and think we will go with that. The wife is comparing some other ones that we liked now that the coping is there and we can kind of see how it looks.

Here is the tile I think we will end up using. The deco piece every 20 tiles or so and in some type of pattern spread across the back wall.

This is the coping in place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's travertine. I'm a little worried about it with the swg, but I'm going to buy some sealer just to be sure.

Thanks for the compliments on the tile. I had my wife take that picture in the sunlight, I haven't seen them myself in the sunlight. We'll make a final decision tomorrow.

So we officially picked the tile pictured up above. Today they are prepping the shotcrete for tile. Looks like they are putting some type of coating over the shell of the pool where the tile is going to go. Anyone know what this is called, it looks like concrete. I'm thinking it's building up the tile to the height that the plaster will eventually be and help the mortar for the tile adhere better. I'll post pictures later tonight or tomorrow, I don't like to disturb the guys outside when they are working.

Frustrated! Finally saw the tile last Thursday. We liked it and he was supposed to have it Saturday and start tiling this past Monday. The PB said the place he was getting the tile from didn't have enough and he would have it Monday. Well, that didn't happen. He sent me a text yesterday showing me a picture of the tile in his truck and that he has it, just picked it up in San Diego (2 hours away, the place wouldn't deliver to us in the middle of nowhere).

Today no workers=me frustrated. One week with no work, but he's well within his allotted time in the contract. Possibly noticed an issue with the coping too. Not sure it's a problem yet, waiting to meet the PB to get an explanation and politely voice some of my frustration.

Also, haven't heard any news about the permit situation for the patio.

Deep breath... in and out... count to 10... in through your nose... out your mouth...

You're going to have a beautiful pool.

It's all going to be okay. In my 4 months of pool progress I've learned one thing. Don't get excited, It'll only stress you out and it won't get any more work completed. I agree that staying on them is good, just remember not to get too excited or rude. Attracting bears with picnic baskets vs gunshots type of situation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.