Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble Sheen Issue - Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble Sheen Issue - Help!

Hi,

I am not sure if I am supposed to start a new thread or post this under my build. But I just filled the pool today, and noticed the Pebble Sheen is very blotchy. The applicator told me her had to patch around the drain, which explains the light spots. But the larger darker ring appears to be where the muriatic acid sat longer during the acid wash. Is there anything that can be done to fix these issues? I am a total Newbie.... will this blend in over time? If this is how it is going to stay I am not very happy about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014
    My pool build - in progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble Sheen Issue - Help!

I do not think it is going to blend over time. Clearly something pooled at the bottom and resulted in the discoloring. Talk to the builder and tell them you want it made right.

I have a small area right around the drain, but no where near that big.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you're talking about the giant ring on the right then get it fixed. That's not good.

4. Back To Top    #4

I figured it wasn't right. What can they do to fix it?
    8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014
    My pool build - in progress