Little history first. Kept pool open over winter. SLAM and shut down after temp dropped below 60. Set to run 1 hour per day and freeze-quard. Took a look yesterday, and notice a few green spots on bottom. Water stayed clear all winter. Test yesterday afternoon:
Pretty happy with that, so thought I would catch it before any issues started. Brought salt to 3100, bleach to ~15 FC, ran pump for a couple hours to mix. Woke up this morning to a GREEN pool...... Off to work and deal with this afternoon. Tested as:
Still green... Added bleach tonight to take it to FC 17.
Started thinking today, (in itself a dangerous place to go), and thought either I caught it as it was starting an algae explosion, OR, copper, OR, whatever you guys may come up with.
This is my third year on TFP and no algaecide in at least the past 2 years.
Just wanted to know if this is NORMAL, or possible something else.
Planning on keep at shock level until I can do a complete SLAM, brush, and filter hard over the weekend,
Your expert thoughts please!!!
This is the best site ever and has always given me great results!!
Thanks in advance!!