Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What liner color to pick ?

1. Back To Top    #1

What liner color to pick ?

We have been looking at a dark color called glimmer glass but everyone else that we have looked at used a lighter blue for their pools. Are we missing the pros and cons and pictures of your liner or pool color would help.

This is called glimmer glass.
    Last edited by mac1775; 04-02-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    34,000 gal, IG vinyl lagoon shape, Pentair intelliflo varible speed 3hp varible speed pump, 2hp varible speed sheer descent pump, 520 clean an clear cartridge filter, letro legend with booster pump, 8ft bench with two 3ft sheer decents, 3 Pentair Magic Flow Laminar Jets, Intellibrite 5g led lighting, Build currently in progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What liner color to pick ?

I am not sure there are pros and cons ... just personal preference. The darker color might keep the pool a little warmer.

It would be like me asking you what color car I should buy. Everyone in AZ seems to buy white cars ... personally I like my dark blue one. I mean the difference between 190 and 210 degrees in the car in the summer is hardly noticeable
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

What color deck do you want?
    Vette, DH, & 2 DDs Our IG AGP Build
    In-ground Radiant 24', 1.5 Pentair IntelliFlo pump, Hayward Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with Jason. Personal preference. I did pick out ours hoping it would be warmer. It looks like your with different border design.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the liner with water in it. Congrats! So much fun planning!
    18' x 38' IG Vinyl 21K
    1.5 Hp Hayward pump
    Double main drain, 4 returns
    Rheem heater
    18' x 6' Sun ledge, Automatic Cover, Interfab Extreme Slide

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey, that's not as dark as I thought it might be. Thanks.
    The deck will be a limestone aggregate with white sand mix for the concrete.
    34,000 gal, IG vinyl lagoon shape, Pentair intelliflo varible speed 3hp varible speed pump, 2hp varible speed sheer descent pump, 520 clean an clear cartridge filter, letro legend with booster pump, 8ft bench with two 3ft sheer decents, 3 Pentair Magic Flow Laminar Jets, Intellibrite 5g led lighting, Build currently in progress