Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Part Recommendation for Leaking Hayward S244T

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario Canada

Part Recommendation for Leaking Hayward S244T

My Hawyard S244T Filter has a very fine/slow leak from the collar during normal operations, typically at start up. A slight leak also appears from the pressure guage and multiport handle while on rinse setting.

What parts should I be replacing? Spider Gasket? Addtional parts/O-rings?
    Thanks as always
    30K Gallon 18x36, Sand Filter, IG Vinyl, 1HP Hayward, Aquarite SWG, Jandy Lite2 Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: Part Recommendation for Leaking Hayward S244T

Spider gasket is not designed to be replaceable on that multiport.

The leak at the pressure gauge can probably be fixed by removing and replacing the teflon tape.

The collar leak is going to be the o-ring. I had the exact same thing happen on mine (180T) last year, and I just took the multiport off and reseated it and it went away. If that doesn't work, probably needs another one.

As for the handle leak, can you be a little more specific? I can't picture it.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry